Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wildlife

There are signs of spring everywhere. I went to trim bushes around the house and I discover a robin nesting in a holly bush. Me and I’ll say she kind of startled each other. I agreed to give her a wide birth for the next few weeks.
I was cleaning my bicycle car also. The bushes are still flowering which means they are full of bumble bees. I made a deal with them; I leave you alone and you leave me alone. It seems to be working.
Stoopid (I know) woodpecker. There is a woodpecker who has not figured out that the trim on the house is aluminum. Every few days you hear rat-tat-tat-tat and it shakes you to the bone. I think I have seen the culprit at the bird feeder. I have to wonder about this one….
Squirrels. They are digging up all the mulch around the house. I have to level it off every few days. Another funny thing is watching a squirrel running with a hamburger bun in it’s mouth. I will throw out old bread, buns, tortillas into the yard for the wild life instead of putting it in the trash. I had to smile watching this squirrel bounding through the yard with a hamburger bun in it’s mouth. It was a funny sight to see.

No comments: