Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Prayer for 27 December 2008

Gifts, Joy.

Deuteronomy 16:15  For the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.

Acts 8:8  8 So there was great joy in that city.

I have picked a few things that I see as a gift and put them on my calendar to pray about.  I picked joy for this day and I was so surprised when a devotional I receive daily also was about joy. A coincidence? Maybe.

 

God of Joy,

May I be complete in you,

May I see the joy in this day,

The love in this day,

The Peace in this day.

But Lord,

I pray for those who can not see your joy,

Who miss your love,

Who need us to be present with them.

 

I hope for joy in this world to be complete,

So that when I sing Joy to the world

Joy is in the world.

I thank you for your gift of joy.

Amen

No comments: