Saturday, March 08, 2008

Easter Thoughts


Flowers everywhere. Signs of new life. Life emerging from the ground.



Death and Life? Symbols? What does it mean.


Getting into the Bible belt has really gotten to me. Going to my least favorite big box store,


You know the one; the ones that sucks the small businesses out of the economy and provided low paying jobs without a whole lot of benefits. (A Social sermon for another day)


I am walking by and what do I see? Easter Baskets. Not the kind you would normally see but ones with toys in it Still not catching on? Toys that are not about the Easter Message. How about Army Men and a Tank for your child in their Easter Basket. I felt anger at their secular approach to the whole reason for the Christian Church. New Life. Light that beats death. Life that is abundant. Not this:


No comments: